A Network for coordinating European Support to Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in Research
IPMEurope involves institutions of the European
Comission (EC), European Union member states, Norway and Switzerland (the associate states) with
an interest in promoting integrated pest management (IPM) in developing countries.
- Enhance the European contribution to sustainable agricultural development
- Improve availability and access to IPM and sustainable agriculture-related information,
projects and programmes, and thus enhance cooperation
- Promote collaboration between member and developing country institutions in projects and
programmes relating to pest management
- Demonstrate the competence and comparative advantage of the European professional skill base
in IPM and provide European, developing country and other institutions with improved access to
- Contribute to concerted European IPM policy and enhance the use of IPM
- Promote and enhance the use of sustainable agriculture and IPM
A key role of IPMEurope is in the area of IPM policy and programme support within Europe, where
it acts as a conduit to European advice.
The aims are to broaden awareness of the research-extension continuum and the importance of
subsequent farmer adoption of research output in determining research programme priorities and
content. On the policy side, IPMEurope has prepared the IPM Guidelines and helped to steer an EC
funded study on pesticide use and IPM policy.
|Please explore the website for more details. The key to making a success of this approach will
be through stronger links with like minded organisations and individuals. If you see the possibilities for mutual benefit
through closer collaboration, please contact the chair.|
Until June 2006 core support for IPMEurope was provided by the European Commission, under
programme for scientific cooperation with developing countries (FP6). Right now IPMEurope finds itself in a transition phase.
There is a strong will of the network members to continue the network even without external, financial support until new
funds will have been made available.
FP 6 (fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/home.cfm) is the European Comunity Framework Programme
for Research, Technical Development and Demonstration. It is a collection of the actions at EU
level to fund and promote research.